Wednesday, June 13, 2012

meet the designers: cori spade.

Hello All!

My name is Cori Spade and I am a rising senior at Meredith in the
fashion design department.

I became interested in fashion when I was in high school. I had always
loved fashion, but I did not know that I enjoyed sewing. I took a
sewing class in high school to fill one of my electives and I just
immediately fell in love with sewing and designing. Before I graduated
from high school, I had taken two more sewing classes and when
Christmas came around, I knew exactly what to ask Santa for.... a
sewing machine! I knew when I went to college that designing was
absolutely what I wanted to do. Since then, my love for fashion has
grown exponentially. What could be more awesome than to have a career
in fashion!?

It is extremely difficult to name one designer that I love, but my
idols are Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig, the talented designers
behind Marchesa. They create the most stunning and beautiful pieces of
art that I have ever seen!

I wanted to get involved with WOLC, not only because I love designing,
but because lung cancer is a prevalent and constantly growing concern.
I wanted to become a part of an event that can inspire so many people
in North Carolina to raise awareness and take action against lung
cancer. This fashion show will catch the attention of a new
demographic, college students and young adults, and it can become the
change that needs to happen to find a cure. We hope for this show to
become an event that will continue to grow and inspire so many more to
take a stance against lung cancer.

Hope is a word that encompasses love and healing. It raises trust for
a positive future and inspires people to take action in what they
believe is right. Hope is never giving up on a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment