Wednesday, June 13, 2012

meet the designers: katherine fisher.

Hi! My name is Katherine Fisher, and I am super excited to design for White Out Lung Cancer!
 
 I am a recent addition to the Meredith College Alumnae, as I just graduated in May with my Bachelor of Science in Fashion Design and in Interior Design with a minor in Studio Art. I am from the beautiful mountains of Asheville, NC. I am currently an employee of the Marriott in downtown Raleigh. I plan on pursuing my Masters in Textile Design at NC State University.

My love for fashion started when I was a very little girl. I was obsessed with fashion and designers! I use to take my mom’s curtains and sheets and tried to make clothes out of them at a young age. I would always try not to get caught, because my mom would be upset that I attempted to hand sew two curtains together for what I thought was a very cute skirt. Little did she know that this would be my everlasting passion and I would want to pursue making clothes for the rest of my life. I grew up on Vogue and Harpers Bazaar. I could not wait to see what designers made next. I have always said that if you can make fashion art, than you are truly a fashion designer. My two favorite designers are Coco Chanel and Alexander Mcqueen. I mean I am in LOVE with their work and they are both two different designers. Chanel not only is an amazing role model, but a very talented, valued designer. She was one of the first female fashion designers of her time to put women into pants. She made statements with her clothes empowering women. Alexander Mcqueen was a true artist. You can just sit there and stare at one of his pieces and be completely captivated by his design and time consuming hand stitching. Both of these designers push and motivate me to become the best designer I can be.
 
The word “hope” means two p’s for me, prayer and positive attitude. I hope that we can raise a lot of money for the organization. I pray and that is my hope. White Out has inspired me to create garments that are angelic and whimsical. My inspirations are angels. With prayer, anything is possible.

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer in August of 2010. A precious friend told me about Dr Itua Herbal Center in West Africa,She gave me his contact number and email address,I contacted him quickly so he give me guaranty that his herbal medicine will cure my cancer and i will be heal forever I said Okay.I ask him about the process for the cure,he ask me to pay for the fees which i did and within 7 working days he sent me the herbal medicine then he instructed me on how to drink it for two weeks to cure.I told Gomez my friend about the herbal medicine so he gave me go ahead to drink it.So after drinking it for two weeks i was cured I'm so grateful and i promise i will recommend anyone with cancer to him and that what i'm doing.Dr Itua Herbal Medicine makes me believes there is a hope for people suffering from,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Copd,Diabetes.
    Here Is His Contact Info......[Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/Whatsapp...+2348149277967]

    ReplyDelete