Monday, June 11, 2012

meet the designers: kayley jolly.

Hi everyone! My name is Kayley Jolly. 



I am senior at Meredith College

where I am getting a degree in Fashion Design and a Minor in Studio

Arts. I was born and raised in Charlotte, NC and moved to Raleigh for
college. When I first moved here, I was dead set on moving back to
Charlotte after graduation, but after living here in Raleigh I have
seen all the art and the different fashion opportunities that Raleigh
has to offer and fallen in love with it! Since falling in love with
Raleigh (the QC will still always have my heart), I plan to stay here
after graduation and bring even more fashion to Raleigh and get it on
the fashion map. 



My favorite designer would have to be John Galliano

because of how beautiful, crazy, and amazing his design are; if you

have never seen on of his lines go on YouTube right now and watch one
of his couture shows!




I got involved with the White Out Lung Cancer show because it was a

great opportunity to show my designs with some other great designers I
knew, and it was for a great cause. My grandfather died of lung cancer
when I was younger, so this show does hit home with me. I want to help
get awareness about lung cancer out to the world and show support to
the families that have gone through losing a loved one to the cancer
or are going through it now.




The word hope is such a powerful word to me. By definition it means a

feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen, which
I do agree with, but I think that hope means so much more. Hope is the
willingness to never give up on what you are dreaming for, its the
strength people have when a tragedy happens, and it's the willingness
to see the light in a bunch of dark. With hope, there comes a lot of
greatness and change; if we didn't have hope, the world would be
completely lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment