Tuesday, June 12, 2012

meet the designers: anna edwards.

Hey! I am a North Carolina native, born and raised in the Bull-City, aka Durham! 
I’m inspired by Japanese street fashion, vintage sewing patterns, fashions from old movies from the 30’s to 50’s, and finally, 90’s fashion! I believe in cruelty-free fashion, and I refuse to use leather and fur in my designs and lifestyle choices. I have a couple of fashion shows under my belt, but I am looking forward to this one because it’s for such a great cause, and it’s so unique! Who else does an all-white fashion show? 
For this show, I was majorly inspired by the concept of using all white, sheer, and ivory fabrics. I am a designer who relies heavily on bold patterns and bright colour choices, so this was a drastic change and challenge for me! I wanted to replace the contrast between colour and pattern that I normally use, with a contrast between textures and weight of fabric. 

Hope y'all come out and support the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment