Wednesday, June 6, 2012

meet the designers: claire powers.

Claire Powers
Designer and WOLC Co-Chair
Hi everyone! I’m 21 years old, recently engaged to my childhood sweetheart, and I’m also a rising senior at Meredith College. My major is Fashion Design, and I am from the Raleigh area. I love everything about this city as well as its people. I have always loved fashion and knew from the very beginning that I would want to be a part of its world. After studying abroad in Paris last year and traveling the world, I found myself becoming immersed in different aspects of design as well as its process. I am very attracted to light and delicate fabrics and designs.  My favorite designer is Vera Wang. I feel that she has a wonderful design aesthetic, and I love everything she creates. 

I wanted to get involved with White Out Lung Cancer because my best friend, Katy Clary, lost her dad to lung cancer when we were in high school. During that time, it was very important to me to love and support my best friend as well as her family. Now that it’s only a few years later, it’s important to me to show my support and to help raise awareness to the public in the best way that I know how. I couldn’t be more thankful to have her, as well as her mother, in my life and to share my talents in a form that gives back. 

Hope is a very expressive desire. It’s an expectation as well as a trust that an outcome will be in your favor. In midst of a tragedy, it sheds light on the possibility of another tomorrow without loss. Some people continue to fight for hope, while others search for the hope of a cure. One day there will be a cure and the word hope will no longer be needed. Continue to fight, raise awareness, and search for the cure. 
Here are some of my pictures of my beginning fabrics:

No comments:

Post a Comment