Friday, June 1, 2012

meet the designers: jane morgan.



Hello Everyone! I am a rising senior at Meredith College majoring in Fashion Design and minoring in Marketing. I have been interested in fashion my entire life, but never thought of it as a career until my sophomore year at Meredith. I have never been more satisfied with a decision in my life. Studying fashion has led me to meet the most wonderful people and have truly amazing experiences and opportunities. It is a field that I will forever be happy in. My future career hopes are to own a bridal boutique. I am already heading in that direction with an internship at a local bridal boutique in Raleigh. My favorite designers would mostly be bridal designers like Alfred Angelo and Vera Wang.
Besides being a fashion designer, I am also a musician. I play oboe in the Meredith College Sinfonietta and flute in Flutopia, the Meredith College Flute Ensemble. I am a resident of Durham, North Carolina and a die-hard Duke fan. I have to be one of the only Meredith students who are not big time NCSU fans. 
I wanted to get involved in White Out Lung Cancer because of the great cause it is for. I have not been directly affected by lung cancer but have been directly directed by other cancers. Many women in my family have had breast cancer. My grandmother has had breast cancer twice and I could not imagine my life without her. So, finding a cure for cancer even a cancer that I have not been directly affected by means a lot to me.
The word hope to me is about never giving up. Hope means that there is possibility that something good will come even if a tragedy has to happen before the good. One day cancer will be cured for good. People continuously fight cancer because they never lose hope; they never give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment